Chapelton is a new town in Aberdeenshire which is being delivered by Elsick Developments Limited. The community which is anticipated to accommodate 4,045 houses by 2023 and up to 8,000 in the long term has now started on site. Thomson Gray have been appointed as Cost Manager for the first phase infrastructure works to supply approximately 255 new build houses. The scope of construction works are as follows:-
- Core roads up to base course; foul and surface drainage; water main works; forming new Newtonhill roundabout
- Haul road for house builders
- Off-site foul sewer including pumping station and storage facilities
- Wearing course surfacing to roads and completing footways.
- New ‘Park and Choose’ facilities
- General landscaping including Suburban Urban Drainage System (SUDS)
- Water, gas and electrical infrastructure